Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

No appetite! Help!
    laceyflaten posted:
    I am 6 weeks along and I am unable to eat! I can't find any foods that taste good and I have been living on ginger ale and crackers. I am getting physically sick when i cook or try to eat meat, which is strange for me. I was wondering if there are any foods that most people can eat in their first trimester that actually tastes good!

Carleysmom responded:
    Hi Lacey,

I'm in the same boat. It's getting a little better now but they always suggest the BRAT diet, which is Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast. I hate bananas so I skipped that but plain steamed rice with a little salt and butter has been a life saver as well as apples and toast. I cannot really eat meat either so I gradually was able to move up to putting peanut butter on toast for some protein. Beans, Spinach and broccoli are also high in protein so try a salad with spinach, fresh strawberries, naval oranges and bananas also contain protein if this is of concern. I had an issue with even drinking regular water and you are supposed to drink a ton. If you like fresh fruit throw some in a pitcher with water and ice and the fruit will naturally flavor the water without all of the added sugars. I don't know if any of this will help you but I hope it does. Hang in there. There will suddenly be a day when you are hungry again

Spotlight: Member Stories

Army wife and mom to 2 of the coolest boys Ive ever met. Pregnant with our 3rd and we are so excited! Hoping for a girl this time around! We are curre...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
    New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    167 of 217 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.