Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

No appetite! Help!
laceyflaten posted:
I am 6 weeks along and I am unable to eat! I can't find any foods that taste good and I have been living on ginger ale and crackers. I am getting physically sick when i cook or try to eat meat, which is strange for me. I was wondering if there are any foods that most people can eat in their first trimester that actually tastes good!

Carleysmom responded:
Hi Lacey,

I'm in the same boat. It's getting a little better now but they always suggest the BRAT diet, which is Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast. I hate bananas so I skipped that but plain steamed rice with a little salt and butter has been a life saver as well as apples and toast. I cannot really eat meat either so I gradually was able to move up to putting peanut butter on toast for some protein. Beans, Spinach and broccoli are also high in protein so try a salad with spinach, fresh strawberries, naval oranges and bananas also contain protein if this is of concern. I had an issue with even drinking regular water and you are supposed to drink a ton. If you like fresh fruit throw some in a pitcher with water and ice and the fruit will naturally flavor the water without all of the added sugars. I don't know if any of this will help you but I hope it does. Hang in there. There will suddenly be a day when you are hungry again

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Elisa! I have been married to my husband for 2 1/2 years. We have a son named Blake! He is the love of my life. I just found out that I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.