Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

No appetite! Help!
laceyflaten posted:
I am 6 weeks along and I am unable to eat! I can't find any foods that taste good and I have been living on ginger ale and crackers. I am getting physically sick when i cook or try to eat meat, which is strange for me. I was wondering if there are any foods that most people can eat in their first trimester that actually tastes good!

Carleysmom responded:
Hi Lacey,

I'm in the same boat. It's getting a little better now but they always suggest the BRAT diet, which is Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast. I hate bananas so I skipped that but plain steamed rice with a little salt and butter has been a life saver as well as apples and toast. I cannot really eat meat either so I gradually was able to move up to putting peanut butter on toast for some protein. Beans, Spinach and broccoli are also high in protein so try a salad with spinach, fresh strawberries, naval oranges and bananas also contain protein if this is of concern. I had an issue with even drinking regular water and you are supposed to drink a ton. If you like fresh fruit throw some in a pitcher with water and ice and the fruit will naturally flavor the water without all of the added sugars. I don't know if any of this will help you but I hope it does. Hang in there. There will suddenly be a day when you are hungry again

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Elisa! I have been married to my husband for 2 1/2 years. We have a son named Blake! He is the love of my life. I just found out that I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful