Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Strech Marks
Sweetypie posted:
Hi,
I am 6 weeks pregnant and want to know if anyone has had any luck with skin care for stopping stretchmarks? I have heard that some are not safe to use and can harm my baby but I am so confused by which ones are ok and actually work to prevent stretchmarks, as I heard the early the better.

I heard good stuff about Bio oil and Wheat Germ oil, but then people say too much of Vitamin E is not good, is that true?
Plz help and advise

Thanks,
ASH

Carleysmom responded:
Hey there! I used Cocoa Butter the entire time I was pregnant with my first and had not one stretch mark. It is very soothing too. I've already started using it. There is one (It's in a white bottle) that even says stretch mark cream with cocoa butter. This has a much more mild scent. I used this and regular cocoa butter lotion with no marks. I don't know if I'm just lucky but so far I swear by it

Allaya9 responded:
Hello, I also used Cocoa Butter, it said on the bottle that it was to help prevent stretch marks and I used it all the way through my pregnancy, no stretch marks. I did learn one thing about stretch marks and they are hereditary (as told by my OB-GYN). My mom never had stretch marks so I didn't get them though the cocoa butter helped so much with the itchy skin. Ask your mom if she had them.

Sweetypie replied to Allaya9's response:
Thanks Ladies, I will try cocoa butter, I have also ordered wedela pregnancy body oil (made of wheat germ oil and Almond oil), read good reviews about it, hopefully it's good.

It's weird my OB-GYN said it's not hereditary, but my Mom did get it, so I might Lets see
Thanks,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 31 years old. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 12 years. I found out I was pregnant on March 29, 2011. My EDD is 11/19/2011, right s...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.