Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Strech Marks
Sweetypie posted:
Hi,
I am 6 weeks pregnant and want to know if anyone has had any luck with skin care for stopping stretchmarks? I have heard that some are not safe to use and can harm my baby but I am so confused by which ones are ok and actually work to prevent stretchmarks, as I heard the early the better.

I heard good stuff about Bio oil and Wheat Germ oil, but then people say too much of Vitamin E is not good, is that true?
Plz help and advise

Thanks,
ASH

Carleysmom responded:
Hey there! I used Cocoa Butter the entire time I was pregnant with my first and had not one stretch mark. It is very soothing too. I've already started using it. There is one (It's in a white bottle) that even says stretch mark cream with cocoa butter. This has a much more mild scent. I used this and regular cocoa butter lotion with no marks. I don't know if I'm just lucky but so far I swear by it

Allaya9 responded:
Hello, I also used Cocoa Butter, it said on the bottle that it was to help prevent stretch marks and I used it all the way through my pregnancy, no stretch marks. I did learn one thing about stretch marks and they are hereditary (as told by my OB-GYN). My mom never had stretch marks so I didn't get them though the cocoa butter helped so much with the itchy skin. Ask your mom if she had them.

Sweetypie replied to Allaya9's response:
Thanks Ladies, I will try cocoa butter, I have also ordered wedela pregnancy body oil (made of wheat germ oil and Almond oil), read good reviews about it, hopefully it's good.

It's weird my OB-GYN said it's not hereditary, but my Mom did get it, so I might Lets see
Thanks,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old senior in college. I'm studying to be a Kindergarten teacher! What can I say? I love the little ones! I've been engaged ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful