Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

TTC spotting and bleeding
MeaganWoz posted:
Hi everyone, I'm new in here and here's my story. I'm 29 years old. I've had a history of ovarian cysts and endometriosis when I was 19. I had 2 laparoscopic procedures, 1 when I was 19 (when they found the endo and cyst) and last dec 2011. The dec 2011 surgery was normal nothing was found, I was just having pelvic pain a lot so she just decided to go in to make sure. My husband and I have been TTC for 5 months now. My cycles are normal ( every 28 days), always on time and I'm never early or late. Also I have never spotted even after stopping birth control in August. My period started feb 9th and ended the 13th. On feb 27th (10 days before period is due) I had some pinkish, light brown spotting start, which like I said has never happened before. The brownish spotting has been consistent every day, not heavy, just notice it really when I wipe or a little on my underware. On sat march 2, I noticed some light cramping which lasted a little into Sunday. Monday no cramping but noticed the spotting was a little darker but still had the lighter brown too. My period is due Feb 8, and today the 5th I have menstrual cramps that have lasted all day so far and "period bleeding." It just doesn't make sense to me because when I saw the spotting last week I was so excited and even my boobs feel different, sore still but full and harder. Could this be implantation bleeding? If anyone can give their opinion about this I would really appreciate it. I haven't taken a preg test yet BC I'm nervous it's going to be neg, yet I'm very inpatient. Thanks for your help and advise!

Sweetypie responded:
Hi There,
Just wait till your period and take a test, I know it's very hard to wait and it feels really long, but that will be the most accurate.
You know I am too 29 years old and have history of ovarian cyst and had laparoscopy in 2008 for cyst removal and endometriosis, my cysts reoccurred in mid 2011, but it wasn't that big, it took me 7 cycles to get pregnant, and I am finally 6 weeks pregnant, so it will happen to you too, just keep patience and don't stress over anything, it finally happened when I stopped looking for signs, and waited to test till my expected period date, I didn't get spotting or implantation bleeding, and as far as I have read Implantation bleeding can happen only for 1-2 days, but its' diff for everyone I guess.
Good luck honey, hang in there.

MeaganWoz replied to Sweetypie's response:
Thank you so much for your input! It really helps and gives me better confidence and hope! Congrats and Good luck with your pregnancy!

Sweetypie replied to MeaganWoz's response:
You are most welcome And thank you

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23.. My hubby and I will celebrate our 1 yr anniversary on 6/18/2010. We were off/on high school sweethearts and ended up going separate ways. Af...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.