Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Little or no cervical mucous- 11 week pregnant- scared !!!
An_250729 posted:
Hi :

I am 11 weeks pregnant and my first ultra sound happened at 8 weeks ( the computer somehow thought it is 8 weeks 5 days after the measurements . I have a 30 day cycle ).We heard the heart beats ( 177 bpm )and were told that the fetus is growing well. My next appt with OB is due on April 5 , at the completition of 12th week.

I was reading on the internet that my body should produce cervical mucous in good amounts and it comes out as vaginal discharge. Till yesterday I had very little such discharge and today there is no discharge at all. In fact the vagina feels a little dry though not with any burning or itchy sensation. My question is : What is the problem with me? My blood works have come back all normal except Vit D deficiency for which I need to take a supplement from today for next 12 weeks (once).

About the lack or very little cervical mucous - Should I be concerned ??? HELP !!!

Jhawkchick responded:
I wouldn't worry about it too much if your blood work and ultrasounds have been okay. Remember... Every woman/pregnancy is different. Are you staying hydrated? Sometimes dehydration can slow down your secretions as well. HTH.

An_250729 replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Thanks for your response Jhawkchick I am adequately hydrated , drinking approx. 65 ounces of water every day. I am 36 years old and this is my first pregnancy . Getting paranoid What if this is an indicator to something being not right in my system like falling estrogen level ? Anyways thanks again !

Jhawkchick replied to An_250729's response:
It is so easy to worry about something going wrong...especially during your first pregnancy. I probably called my doctor's office once a month when I was pregnant with my daughter. I figured...hey, it's better to ask and have a professional tell me it's nothing to worry about than to just wonder, have something go terribly wrong--especially when it could have been solved with a quick phone call. So if you're really worried, just call your doctor's office and see if they think you need to come in for more blood work. -83D-E0AAlso, as your pregnancy progresses you'll have that added of feeling your baby kicking around inside you letting you know he/she is okay. -83D-C93

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am on my second pregnancy. I have one DD who is 4 years old from a previous relationship. My boyfriend and I are now expec...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.