Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I am a little confused and worried...
Babygirl08330 posted:
I am a 28 day cylce girl. Never early never late... I had been taking a progestrine only pill for around 2 months and decided that we were ready to get preg. I'm still young and I assumed that I wouldnt have an issue. So I stopped the pill. I had a period on 2/25 then bled on 3/13 for three days. My doctor told me that it was caused by the changing hormones. My march period was 2 days late... what i am assuming was a period anyway, it started 3/25 and lasted 7 days as do all of my periods. I started a fertility calendar and my husband and I were active all around my ovulation day. Yesterday, 4/17, I started with spotting when I woke up. I had mild cramps on 4/16 which isnt normal with my periods. I usually start my period first then severe cramps start within a couple of hours. The spotting turned into full flow of red blood last night around bedtime and hasn't stopped today. I was not supposed to start my period until around 4/23 or 4/24. Any advice? I have been having tender achey breasts for about a week lower back pain here and there, nightime nauseau, cold symptoms. (This has all occured in the past 3 or 4 days) thanks for any help!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Normal after going off birth control. Your body has to figure out how to regulate its own hormones and not rely on the artificial hormones in birth control and until then, your period will be irregular.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I am 34 years old. I've been happily married for 10 years and we are expecting our first baby September 2010. I am so excite...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.