Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

How / when to tell the family - 3rd baby
mommyin2011 posted:
Here is what's going on.

I have a 22 month old son and a 10 month old daughter. Yesterday, I just found out I am pregnant with # 3.

My husband is not working at this time and I feel that if I tell everyone that I am pregnant that Im going to get allot of negative feed back - and I do not need that right now. I know that this is bad timing to have another child and there is no way Im 'getting rid of' this baby.

How and when should I tell my family? Im only 4wk/4dys today (due date 2/3/14)...Im more nervous telling the news then being a mommy of 3...kinda sad.

Thanks for your input!
Me (30) DH (32) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12

Richey5 responded:
I have recently had the same situation! I have 3 girls, 9, 6, & 5 and am 9 wks pregnant now. I was so nervous about telling my family that we were expecting #4. I thought it would be better to keep it to ourselves for as long as possible just because I felt that I would get negative comments from my side of the family.
I know the feeling of being sad thinking that they will look at it as a burden rather than the excitement of another precious child. I am 34 yrs old, DH is 37, has a good job, I work park time and I am still worried about what other people, especially my immediate family, will think. My kids are old enough to do things themselves and I am still scared of what is in store when this baby arrives.
Well, I told them yesterday. I am still not definate on how they feel, but at least its done. They weren't negative, at least not in front of me. If you and your husband are happy, you will find a way to make it work. God will never put you in a position that you can't handle. I've realized that it will be ok.

I don't know if anytime is the best when you feel this way, but it does feel better knowing that they know now. I guess I need to give it time to process with them, and it will get better.
Good luck and I wish you the best for your family!

mommyin2011 replied to Richey5's response:
I told my family...lots of negative comments, but at least its out there.. I posted it on FB as well, and some said congrats some said 'wow', 'huh?', 'omg', well..congrats',..its just rude..

my mom was upset at first, but she has come around to the idea of another baby. she is hoping for a girl ... my dad said I should have waited a year...I know it will be hard with 3 little ones, but, like u said, 'God will never put you in a position that you can't handle.' I believe that!!!

good luck with your pregnancy!!! and congrats on # 4! that's amazing
Me (31) DH (32) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12 - BFP 3rd baby due 2/3/14

mrsmarkle responded:
That's such a tough situation. Good job to you for having the strength to tell everyone. This is baby #2 for me, and bad timing as well, but like you said, we are never given more than we can deal with. Good luck!
Me (24) DH (25) DD 12/21/2009 Expecting 2 in February 2014! Team green, hoping for team blue!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a happily pregnant Navy wife. My husband and I got married June of 2009. We're from southern California so when we found out that we were get...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.