severely low progesterone levels
aislinnrose posted:
Hi, everyone. I went to the hospital 2 nights ago because I saw blood when I wiped. It was more than spotting but not enough for a pad, just enough to cover the TP when I wiped. When I got to the hospital I found out that I was 5 weeks and 3 days with an HCG level of 7000 (which is perfect) and a progesterone level of 3.97.

Since my level was so low, pretty much everyone told me that I was going to miscarry.

It is now 2 days later, no bleeding, no cramping, and my cervix is still closed.

I've done a lot of research and basically I think I am the only pregnant woman with a level that low and is still carrying the baby. I feel like with levels that low I should have already started to miscarry.

Do you think that my levels dropped because I was bleeding? They chalked it up to the sex me and my husband had that morning and since the bleeding has stopped I can agree with them. I would appreciate some input on my situation because I'm completely lost.

jenica1432 responded:
if you look through the post you will see i had very low levels around that time, i freaked out as well, i am still pregnant and almost 10 weeks now. i finally quit letting my doctor take the levels because they freaked me out to much.