Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

severely low progesterone levels
aislinnrose posted:
Hi, everyone. I went to the hospital 2 nights ago because I saw blood when I wiped. It was more than spotting but not enough for a pad, just enough to cover the TP when I wiped. When I got to the hospital I found out that I was 5 weeks and 3 days with an HCG level of 7000 (which is perfect) and a progesterone level of 3.97.

Since my level was so low, pretty much everyone told me that I was going to miscarry.

It is now 2 days later, no bleeding, no cramping, and my cervix is still closed.

I've done a lot of research and basically I think I am the only pregnant woman with a level that low and is still carrying the baby. I feel like with levels that low I should have already started to miscarry.

Do you think that my levels dropped because I was bleeding? They chalked it up to the sex me and my husband had that morning and since the bleeding has stopped I can agree with them. I would appreciate some input on my situation because I'm completely lost.

jenica1432 responded:
if you look through the post you will see i had very low levels around that time, i freaked out as well, i am still pregnant and almost 10 weeks now. i finally quit letting my doctor take the levels because they freaked me out to much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I found out i was pregnant with my first baby april 13, 2010. I had my first prenatal appointment april 26 and miscarried April 28. My due date had be...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.