Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

SEVERE MORNING SICKNESS...HELP!!
sylasmommy0406 posted:
I am currently 11 weeks and i have been diagnosed with SEVERE morning sickness..that has put me in the hospital and left me very dehydrated. They have out a picc line in me and i recieve IVs twice a day for 8 hours on top of all the nausea medicine that is considered safe for pregnant women. Is there anyone else going through this?? Can anyone give me any kind of advice?? I am in desperate need of someone to help me

BFP...02/10/13

sylasmommy0406 responded:
02/10/14***

nreyn3 responded:
Im so sorry! my friend went though that in her first tri, and it didnt matter what she did.. and actually shes going through it again now that shes in her third tri!! good luck!! i snack pretty regularly throughout the day and its worked really well for me the only time i get to feeling sick anymore is about 30min after i take my prenatal.. i eat lots of oatmeal, peanut butter toast, and i drink alot of ovaltine and water!!

sylasmommy0406 replied to nreyn3's response:
Thank you I really am having a rough time with this pregnancy. I am going to try that ovaltine idea..I cant take prenatals only flintstone gummies. And i cant even keep water down..but I have to say that its getting better. Im drinking orange juice and its staying down. I really hope this doesnt come back in the second trimester...

tlkittycat1968 replied to sylasmommy0406's response:
Try spearmint tea. When I was a kid and had an upset stomach with throwing up, that's what my mom would give me. I tried it when I was pregnant with DD and had all day "morning sickness" and while it didn't make it totally go away, it did ease it.

sylasmommy0406 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you, i will try the spearmint tea. I did try Spearmint gum but it made me feel horrible and caused me to get sick.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.