Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I am afraid when i ovulated is later then expected.
mrasmommy2010 posted:
I went in this past Wednesday for my first ultrasound, well according to my last menstrual cycle I was suppose to be 9w 1d. well they did a vaginal ultrasound and when the tech was taking measurements she looked and said that pregnancies like this end in miscarriage and the baby was not progressing like it should. So I saw my doctor who told me I could wait up to 5 weeks and miscarry or I can have a D&C to end it. Well I was an emotional wreck so I went home and talked to some friends and they told me that they have experienced this and to just be patient because chances are I ovulated late. My doctor was adamant about me ending this pregnancy but I feel like there is still a baby I am still experiencing symptoms and I haven't started bleeding I have been spotting but that is normal in the first stages of pregnancy. I have had one miscarriage before and I have had one successful full term baby. can anyone give me advice should I follow my heart and keep hanging on or should I let it go?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
How far different were you measuring from the u/s? Yes its possible you ovulated late. Really they should just dismiss you after one u/s have they done any other u/s or any other blood work? If you haven't started to m/c (which I am hoping you haven't). I would say ask for more blood work or another u/s to confirm. The blood will show a decrease in hcg numbers by like half every couple of days (sometimes slower). Or if you are measuring way behind I would ask to wait for like two weeks and then have another u/s because then you will no for sure because a hb should show by then. If you are still symptomatic I would definately ask for more tests. Hugs and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

mrasmommy2010 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I did end up having a m/c which ended up with getting a D&C I haven't gotten pregnant yet again but hoping to start my fertility treatment t soon so I can!!! Thank you for your response sorry I just now saw this!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I found out i was pregnant with my first baby april 13, 2010. I had my first prenatal appointment april 26 and miscarried April 28. My due date had be...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.