Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Need Help! Am I Pregnant?
KaitMS011091 posted:
Ok So I started birth control pills in the beginning of this month (Aug) During the third week of pills last week I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he went inside of me. Im not sure if that is long enough for the pills to really "kick in" and start to prevent anything. I am due this week for my period and have only gotten a light pink very thin something when I wipe after using the bathroom. My periods have never been very regular but they are always very heavy.. I have done some reading and I mean it sounds like it could be this implantation bleeding because it happened 6 days after the unprotected sex, but then I am not sure because it is on the week that i am supposed to start my period.

Any input on my situation?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I would say you're okay. Unless you're on the mini-pill, most birth control is effective after one week.

When did you take your last active pill? When I was on birth control, I would take my last active pill Saturday and my period would start Wednesday and be done by Friday.

KaitMS011091 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thanks for your reply! I took my last active pill Saturday & I still haven't got my full period just very light bleeding like every couple times i go to the bathroom. I don't know if implantation bleeding is possible during the time of your expected period. What do you think?

tlkittycat1968 replied to KaitMS011091's response:
I guess implantation bleeding can happen during the time of your expected period. If it's been over two weeks since you had sex, you can take a test.

The spotting may also be your body adjusting to being on the pill.

krazykatt707 responded:
Implantation bleeding is usually brown and I would think 6 days after sex wouldn't be long enough for implantation to happen. (Usually takes 7-10 days). It's not abnormal to spot and such when you start a new BC.
Rachel(29),DH(30),DS(7),DD(2),EDD 5-21-14

ericajelliott replied to krazykatt707's response:
Hello,
The last day of my period was August 22nd and the doctor says that my conception day was the 29th. I started having implantation bleeding on the 31st.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my blog: http://mrsleavitt.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.