Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Help! Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy
    Sunshine1925 posted:
    Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance for any replies. I am currently without insurance (but am working on getting it) I suffer from hyperthyroidism and am currently 8 weeks pregnant.

I am concerned because I was clinically underweight before becoming pregnant, and I still am. I currently work in retail at a poorly managed store and am losing even more weight and extremely stressed. Since I don't have insurance I cannot get a doctors not for work limiting what I can do. I have been to the free clinic but their services are very limited, but I am so very thankful.

I have been told Hyperthyroidism can cause miscarriage, preterm labor, still birth, as well as cause me to have heart failure or thyroid storm.

My question is does Hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease) make my pregnancy high risk?

I was also told previously that my condition may require bed rest or at the very least a way less active job. So would I be doing the right thing to quit my job?

That is until I can find a desk job or something suitable. My hubby thankfully has a good job and we could scrape by on his wages till I could secure something else.

Please help!

Take the Poll

Hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease) and working?
    • Keep working fast paced
    • Quit and find a slower paced job
    • Stay until a slower paced job is secured
    • Quit till after pregnancy is over
    vote
    View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 28, DH 28, DD 9/25/08, Baby #2 9/24/2010, two mini schnauzers!!! We are die hard Kansas State University fans and bleed PURPLE!!! GO STATE!

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
    New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    167 of 217 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.