Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Help! Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy
Sunshine1925 posted:
Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance for any replies. I am currently without insurance (but am working on getting it) I suffer from hyperthyroidism and am currently 8 weeks pregnant.

I am concerned because I was clinically underweight before becoming pregnant, and I still am. I currently work in retail at a poorly managed store and am losing even more weight and extremely stressed. Since I don't have insurance I cannot get a doctors not for work limiting what I can do. I have been to the free clinic but their services are very limited, but I am so very thankful.

I have been told Hyperthyroidism can cause miscarriage, preterm labor, still birth, as well as cause me to have heart failure or thyroid storm.

My question is does Hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease) make my pregnancy high risk?

I was also told previously that my condition may require bed rest or at the very least a way less active job. So would I be doing the right thing to quit my job?

That is until I can find a desk job or something suitable. My hubby thankfully has a good job and we could scrape by on his wages till I could secure something else.

Please help!

Take the Poll

Hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease) and working?
  • Keep working fast paced
  • Quit and find a slower paced job
  • Stay until a slower paced job is secured
  • Quit till after pregnancy is over
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been Married Since August 4th 2001 and have 2 children together and having our 3rd child..we had 3 m/c's 6/01 -10/08 - 11/09...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.