Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

implantation bleeding? confused?
lili1987 posted:
Hi, im a little confused, I had my last depo injection in october 2012 so would have been due to have it in jan 13 but didnt. Been ttc since then, periods came straight away although they werent regular again until april/may time, my last period was 22nd july so was due to come on next period 20th august, I was late and had all preg symtoms but negative tests, then on 26th august I started bleeding but this was not like a 'normal period' for me was alot lighter than usual and lasted 3 days then 2 days of spotting brownish colour blood ( sorry for tmi) my question is has anyone had this and been pregnant? I havent done a test since ive had the bleeding. Im not sure if this was implantation bleeding or a chemical pregnancy possibly? I also had cramping and bad lower back pain which didnt feel like my usual mestrual cramps
Thanks in advance

tlkittycat1968 responded:
The bleeding was too heavy and lasted too long for it to be implantation bleeding. It's possible you are pregnant and not showing on the test or you didn't ovulate. You can wait and see if your next period comes or ask for a blood test.

krazykatt707 responded:
Definitely too heavy for implantation. Could be a period or it could be a chemical pregnancy too. (Your hcg might have not gone up high enough for it to register on the HPT). May chemical pregnancies end right around the time you would have gotten a period and it'll appear to be a period that's a few days late. It's hard to say.
Rachel(29),DH(30),DS(7),DD(2),EDD 5-21-14

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I'm 36yrs old. 4th pregnancy last 2 were chemical pregnancies and were lost within 7 weeks no known cause except that I tested positive fo...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.