Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

HELP MORNING SICKNESS !!!!
Prettynaena posted:
hello everybody im 6 weeks pregers as of tuesday. i have been very nausea, car sick, and vomiting after eating and if i havnt eating in a while i feel as i am about to throw up. i was wondering if anybody had any helpful tips or anything to help me get through this tough period. when i was pregnant with my oldest i throw up soooo much that i got down to 88 lbs and i dont wanna have to go through this pregnancy like that please help !!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two things helped me with both pregnancies:

1. Motion Sickness Bands-you can get them at most drug stores near the motion sickness products.

2. Spearmit Tea-my mom used to give this to me when I was a kid and had an upset stomach.

Both together would ease my morning sickness to a tolerable level most days.

Prettynaena replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
thanks Im going to try that and ill let you know if it works for me

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I tried the motion sickness bands and anything minty but didn't get much relief. Try hard candy. Small meals frequently because if you let your belly get too empty or if you get too dehydrated it will make you sicker. If you start losing weight you need to talk to your OB. They may decide to give you B12 injections or something else so that you can keep food down and not lose anymore weight. you can also try B6 100mg per day. Also keep a food journal if you eat something in particular a couple times an each time you get sick with it then stay away from it for a while. If you see a pattern it may help you stay away from triggers and as a result less sickness. There was very little I could eat with my son. This time around I can eat more but certain things still trigger illness for me. Best wishes and congrats
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

Prettynaena replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
thanks ! i've also had problems with having to spit alot . what do i do have that? like i have to walk around with a spit cup its so bad

hgreenwood7058 replied to Prettynaena's response:
extra gunk. I notice especially in the morning I have gunk running down my throat which of course makes me want to yack. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wow....where to start. I am 30 years old and mother to a 9yr old son. I am happily married to my best friend and the most wonderful husband ever. I am...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.