Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Splenda, Crystal Light
TrinRicanBaby posted:
Hi Ladies... Is anyone still using splenda and drinking crystal light? In my first pregnancy, I completely cut them out and now, i've just used splenda a couple of times so far but wanted to get your opinion. TIA!! :smile:

bridledspirit81 responded:
Its my first pregnancy and my family dr told me to use nothing but real sugar if I had to use sugar. I go see the obgyn May 6th and see what he says then. I never could use anything but real sugar or splenda any cause of what the other stuff does to me. I'm hoping he tells me its ok to use splenda.

acg_623 responded:
In the "What To Expect When You're Expecting" book, it says Splenda (Sucralose) is safe to use during pregnancy. I believe Aspartame is also safe, but you're supposed to avoid Saccharine. I have tea with one Splenda every morning and occasionally drink Crystal Light. I think as long as you're not overdoing it and eating/drinking things with artificial ingredients all day, you're ok. Eating too much sugar during pregnancy isn't necessarily good either because it can lead to unhealthy weight gain. I know people who were really strict during their first pregnancy and then totally went the other way during their second and both babies turned out very healthy. To me, bottom line is be safe, eat in moderation, stay away from substances you know are harmful for you & baby and pray that everything goes well. When it comes down to it, what will be will be and there's only so much you can control in life. Good luck!

Sarah1714 responded:
My doc said that splenda was fine to use.

stinaalicia1 responded:
My doctor told me Splenda was fine but for me personally I don't eat or drink anything with artificial sweeetners at all.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23.. My hubby and I will celebrate our 1 yr anniversary on 6/18/2010. We were off/on high school sweethearts and ended up going separate ways. Af...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.