Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

need advice
nisatall posted:
am 5 weeks pregnant. i am sick all day long, i have no appetite, and tired all the time. i am afraid that my baby is not going to get the proper nutrition that it needs because i cant even take the vitamins that i am supposed to because when i do i also get sick. are there an suggestions that anyone has about what i should do.

amylynmcgill82 responded:
No worries hun. I no expert. In fact this is my first pregnacy too and I'm about as far along as you are. But I can tell you this with confidence: I'm a nurse. Not an ob-gyn nurse but I have plenty of nurse friends who are. They told me, that it is perfectly normal to be sick all the time in early pregnacy. In fact, it is only called morning sickness because that is the most common time it happens. Many women, myself included, can feel queasy at any time of day. For me I felt sick from the time I woke up til the time I went to bed. As for the health of your little one, again put those fears to rest. Rite now your baby does not need that much from you. It is very common for a woman to lose a few pounds during her first trimester. Once you hit the fourth month, than you can start worrying about packing on the lbs. As for your prenatal, I found the horse pill my dr prescribed to be way to harsh on my tummy. I went to the vitamin store and invested in a yummy chewable gummy vitamin. Just make sure it has the same nutritional values as the one your doctor prescribed. If you are still having doubts, by all means contact your ob-gyn. Have a happy healthy pregnacy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Gina. I am 29 years old and this is my first pregnancy and soon-2-be baby. HE or SHE is expected to make their grand entrance on February 1...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.