Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

HCG Levels... I am very nervous!
bjcrisp posted:
So I am very nervous right now and part of me thinks its not necessary but I figured I would see what others had to say. Here is my story...

About 4 years ago I was pregnant and found out the baby did not have a heartbeat when I went in for my 12 week ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. They did some testing after and said I wasn't producing enough HCG. I am now 5 weeks pregnant in my current pregnancy and was asking my mom some questions because of her history. My mom had 7 pregnancies and 5 ending in miscarriage, in order to carry both my sister and I she had to take HCG shots so she could carry. Is not producing enough HCG something that runs in genetics is it just a freak accident that I had the same problem?

Also is it something I need to be worrying about now? My first appointment is not until a week from today and I don't want it to be to late when I finally get my blood work done. It was really hard going through my first miscarriage and I would like to prevent this pregnancy in going in the same direction.

In case it matters my previous pregnancy was when I was 19/20 and was in a relationship that was both emotionally draining and very stressful (not a good relationship) and I was around a group of people that did drugs and were up to the wee hours of the morning partying. I am now 25 and out of that environment and in a healthy relationship and my family is being very supportive.

Any insight anyone?

Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I am 24 years old and just started back to college again for the 3rd time in January. I am not married as of yet we are waiting until I finish...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.