Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

HCG Levels... I am very nervous!
bjcrisp posted:
So I am very nervous right now and part of me thinks its not necessary but I figured I would see what others had to say. Here is my story...

About 4 years ago I was pregnant and found out the baby did not have a heartbeat when I went in for my 12 week ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. They did some testing after and said I wasn't producing enough HCG. I am now 5 weeks pregnant in my current pregnancy and was asking my mom some questions because of her history. My mom had 7 pregnancies and 5 ending in miscarriage, in order to carry both my sister and I she had to take HCG shots so she could carry. Is not producing enough HCG something that runs in genetics is it just a freak accident that I had the same problem?

Also is it something I need to be worrying about now? My first appointment is not until a week from today and I don't want it to be to late when I finally get my blood work done. It was really hard going through my first miscarriage and I would like to prevent this pregnancy in going in the same direction.

In case it matters my previous pregnancy was when I was 19/20 and was in a relationship that was both emotionally draining and very stressful (not a good relationship) and I was around a group of people that did drugs and were up to the wee hours of the morning partying. I am now 25 and out of that environment and in a healthy relationship and my family is being very supportive.

Any insight anyone?

Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My Name is Tasha. And I live In Maryland. I have a 6 year Old Boy. Have been Married for two years and Many more to come. I work in H.R working tow...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful