Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Weird bleeding and symptoms - pregnant?
fit_guru512 posted:
Hello! Hoping someone has had similar experience and can provide some advice and/or experience.

On day 22 of my cycle, I had a weird experience where I became super nauseated and had a severe case heartburn/acid reflux. I was double over with pain and it lasted on and off for several hours. I was fine the next day.

I got my period day 26 in the afternoon but it was super light, so light that 4 hours later when I went to change my tampon there was barely anything on it. 3 hours after that, before bed there was NOTHING on the 2nd tampon. I did not bleed throughout the night and didn't start bleeding again until late the next afternoon. Then I bled Thursday afternoon through Friday afternoon and it was gone by late Friday afternoon. All week I had been tired which typically happens with PMS, not so much during for me. On Saturday, the day after my period ended I was exhausted and quite hungry even after I was done eating. Sunday morning I woke up with slight cramps and bloating and spotting and I'm still feeling the same today and I'm still spotting a very light brown.

My question is could I be pregnant? I have a couple of friends who have gotten their period the first month they were actually pregnant. I bought a pack of pregnancy tests, should I take one and if so...when since I just "supposedly" got over my period last Friday???

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

mariajohnson responded:
You get period in the first month of pregnancy. So you should take a pregnancy test.

tlkittycat1968 replied to mariajohnson's response:
The majority of women do not get a period in their first month of pregnancy. I know I didn't and neither did my SIL.

Anyway, you can take a test anytime, even if you're bleeding, as long as it's been at least two weeks since you had sex.

mariajohnson replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Your due date is calculated from the first day of your last period. So the month you got your last period is considered as the first month of your pregnancy.

tlkittycat1968 replied to mariajohnson's response:
Yes, that's true but you aren't pregnant when you have your period. Your last period is used to calculate how far along you are because the average women ovulates about two weeks after the beginning of her period.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Cory and I'm 30 years old. I married the man of my dreams in October 2010. I have a 4 year old son from a previous relationship, my Pri...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.