Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

what does this mean
An_256408 posted:
should be 8 and half week had US on friday and only a sac is present measuring 6 weeks and couple days. last period was jan 30. ultrasound tech didnt have much to say except there should be a heartbeat and i am on the curb of a heartbeat and there not being one. the doctor acted like i was expecting to see to much but has me coming back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. not sure why i am measureing 2 weeks behind, my cycle is usually a 26 day one. he said he saw something in there but ultrasound tech didnt act like there was anything showing. is he making me feel better for 2 weeks or should i be worried

reeves73 responded:
also i am a smoker would this make the development slower at this stage

csvochatzer replied to reeves73's response:
I too just had an U/S. I'm supposed to be 7 weeks and I'm measuring one week and one day earlier (5 weeks and 6 days). My tech said she couldnt hear the heartbeat and that I wouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat. I insisted and told her she had to try please, so she did and she picked it up at 120 beats per minute. My Dr. explained I likely ovulated late, hence the smaller size. I'm a wine drinker so had the same concerns, but in the meantime, sadly, I think you and I just need to be patient.

aaronsmomxo responded:
when i was pregant with my son years go. i remember i was suppose to be close to 9 weeks when i first went but aarons measured 7wks and 4 or 5 days. my dr told me the reason for this is because no one can really tell when a women ovulates thats why they usually give a weeks time to "fertile" days. usually after 6 weeks is when you can see a heartbeat. around 5 weeks you see a sack and sometimes a "tail" which is probably why your called wants to see you back in 2 weeks. there checking to make sure there a heart beat.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married 4 1/2 years, got pregnant TTC for one month! Got my BFP on 6/22, made a doctor's appointment for 7/6.

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.