Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Is it safe to lose weight in First Trimester?
charrigan82 posted:
I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I previously had a miscarriage, so I am tentative about going to a doctor to get it confirmed. Kind of want to wait until my second missed period. Anyways, I've been aiming to lose some weight prior to getting pregnant- to negate the preganancy weight gain. I am wondering if it is safe to continue with a 1500 calorie diet and medium to high intensity workout routine of 20-40 minutes 3-4 days a week? Thanks!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Losing weight during pregnancy is not recommended. You'll need 300 extra calories a day for a healthy pregnancy and you'll probably have to tone down your work-outs.

Some women do lose weight simply because they're eating better or have morning sickness.

mariajohnson responded:
Well you can exercise during pregnancy but do not go on a diet. You need to eat healthy food during pregnancy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and my dh is 30. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April '10. After being prescribed metformin I became pregnant in July, but unfortanutely ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful