Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Bleeding after intercourse
LBK1982 posted:
I am about 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and last night I started bleeding during intercourse. It was bright red and went away after a couple of wipes. This morning I was slightly spotting but then went away but have also had some brown discharge like old blood throughout the day but no cramping at all. I called my doctor and her nurse said that as long as it did not get heavy or I start cramping really bad to wait until I come in for my first visit on the 5th of March. This has worried me to death since I had a miscarriage in september and we are wanting another baby. Has this happened to anyone else a little more comfort would be nice.

jodysauer responded:
This hasnt happened to me but I have had alot of cramping and other things like that. My doc told me that if i start bleeding or having cramping during or after intercourse to stop having intercourse til i have my next appointment and if its really bad to go to the er.. hope this helps a little!!

EMoore1622 responded:
hi there, im not to sure how extreme the blood was for you. however, i have had light blood smearing after intercourse with 2 of my pregnancies (including this one 6 weeks prego) and i was told by my doc that it happens alot because the uterine lining is starting to soften up and its going through the changes of being pregnant. the bleeding only lasted one swipe on the toilet paper for me though. hope all is okay...hope this helps

LBK1982 responded:
Thanks this does help a little. I have just been so scared because I miscarried in sept. and we are really wanting another baby, we have a 3 year old. It was not a lot of blood, not like a period or anything but the brown spotting today bothers me, but I guess that is just old blood. I guess if the doc thought it was serious then they would have made me come in today instead of waiting until my next appointment which is not until next week. Oh my due date is 10/12/09 I will keep everyone posted....thanks

jennavive125 responded:
Hi,

This exact thing happened to me over the weekend. I called my dr and she said since there were no cramps and the bleeding has pretty much stopped that I should avoid having intercourse until my appt on the 9th. I had a miscarraige last Feb and I want to be very cautious this time around. I'm really hoping there is nothing more to worry about Good luck!

ljrocha78 responded:
was put on bed rest by my doctor because of this . i have been spotting an g slight cramping for over a week. Took a trip to the er the doc saw a heartbeat in the ultrasound and told me i have old blood in my uterus. I went to my ob he told me that the bleeding cme from sex and to rest for a while that the bleeding will stop. I was given tests my cervix ia closed and the baby looks good i'am 8 weeks pregnant. so don't worry take it easy and relax don't strain lift heavy stuff you'll be ok. Stress makes it worse . Good luck and take care

LBK1982 responded:
Just a little update...went to the doctor today, he told me that spotting and bleeding was normal and not to be to worried about that. He done a vaginal ultrasound and I was only measuring 5 weeks when my last period was jan. 5th so I am suppose to be 7 weeks. He said that it could be that we got the dates wrong and that I am trully just 5weeks or that it stopped growing at 5 weeks. He seen the sac but too early to tell anything else. I had blood work completed today to check my hormone and progesterone level. I am worried. I would think that if the baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks I would have miscarried by now. Has anyone else had this problem.

angelqt responded:
hey lbk1982 that just happened to me last night.... omg of course i was so scared. I noticed the very light bleeding when i went to the bathroom after intercourse. there was no blood this morning .I called the doctor and they said to come in for an ultra sound just to play it safe im 14weeks so ill keep you posted we are on the same boat and im here

LBK1982 responded:
Hey angelqt, just to let you know, my doctor said it was completely normal to bleed during intercourse and my spotting has stopped. When I went to the doctor on thurs. I did not measure as far along according to my lmp. My blood was drawn and my HCG level (6400) was normal for 4 wk and 6 day pregnancy my progesterone was low. They put me on a prog. suppository and re-checked my HCG level(now 9200) as of yesterday. So now my levels do not seem to be rising fast enough. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to a sexy soldier, mother of 2 girls, expecting baby #3 due date is April 30,2011.. now im also a mother of of 3 dogs and 2 guinea pigs.. I ca...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.