Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Bonine is a blessing for MS
Momma_Fox posted:
Just wanted to let people know if they didn't before that my doc recommended OTC stuff called Bonine. It is a mild, non-drowsy form of Dramamine and is working wonders on my 24/7 nausea!! It doesn't fully get rid of it but it does take the edge off so much that I can concentrate on other things!!! Now I feel soooo much better!! Hope it might help others!!!

JenEthan responded:
Is this really safe to take? I've been dying from vomiting and nausea for a very long time! It never ends and I'm in grad school and failing currently because all I can think about is not throwing up. My doc said I had to just wait it out but he's kind of a jerk. I've looked into buying those sea sickness braclets. Do you know if those work?

Momma_Fox responded:
Bonine is on the list that my doctor gives to everyone. She made up a sheet of OTC medicines that are ok to take for different illnesses when you are pregnant: Nausea, Constipation, Diarreah, heartburn, etc and when to go to the ER and when to call her. It was great! It lists Bonine and Emetrol for nausea. I grabbed both and started with the Bonine. But Emetrol is actually for kids so it might be more gentle. I don't know about the armbands but I do know that pressure points work on some stuff, just never tried it for this. I think you can get a fairly cheap bracelet at Walmart. Hope this helps!

JenEthan responded:
Thanks so much! I really wish my doctor was this informative!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am pregnant with my second child. My husband and I have been married for over four years now and we have a three year old son. We are very excited a...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.