Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Bonine is a blessing for MS
Momma_Fox posted:
Just wanted to let people know if they didn't before that my doc recommended OTC stuff called Bonine. It is a mild, non-drowsy form of Dramamine and is working wonders on my 24/7 nausea!! It doesn't fully get rid of it but it does take the edge off so much that I can concentrate on other things!!! Now I feel soooo much better!!

Hope it might help others!!!

JenEthan responded:
Is this really safe to take? I've been dying from vomiting and nausea for a very long time! It never ends and I'm in grad school and failing currently because all I can think about is not throwing up. My doc said I had to just wait it out but he's kind of a jerk. I've looked into buying those sea sickness braclets. Do you know if those work?

Momma_Fox responded:
Bonine is on the list that my doctor gives to everyone. She made up a sheet of OTC medicines that are ok to take for different illnesses when you are pregnant: Nausea, Constipation, Diarreah, heartburn, etc and when to go to the ER and when to call her. It was great! It lists Bonine and Emetrol for nausea. I grabbed both and started with the Bonine. But Emetrol is actually for kids so it might be more gentle.

I don't know about the armbands but I do know that pressure points work on some stuff, just never tried it for this. I think you can get a fairly cheap bracelet at Walmart.

Hope this helps!

JenEthan responded:
Thanks so much! I really wish my doctor was this informative!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Nicole (27), DH (32), DD (4) DD (1) due sometime in July with #3! Can't wait and am so excited to meet this one!

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful