Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

bikini waxing during pregnancy?
Larich_408 posted:
i read and also heard on TV that waxing your bikini area during pregnancy hurts a lot more and can cause broken blood vessels or bleeding! i don't really care about the pain but I'm afraid it will leave marks or rip the skin or something! i don't like shaving during the summer cause of ingrown hairs and bumps.. and im going on vacation soon and would like to get it done before then! do any of you ladies get waxed while you are pregnant? and did/ do you notice it being any worse? THANKS!

mlmynm81 responded:
Lurking~I dont personally wax but I was watching The Doctors a month ago and the female ob/gyn they have on there said that she recommends bikini waxing to her patients cause there is less risk of infection and it does last longer. She also said the waxing is better because if you have any bacteria growing in your hair and you shave and cut yourself, the bacteria can go into the blood stream. My OB gets upset if he finds out I shave because of the risk of bacteria. Goodluck!

crzymom83 responded:
I got a brazilian done just last week and i am 5 weeks.. it didnt have ANY problems at all. Nothing out of the ordinary. I actually LOVE having it done and will keep doing it throughout my whole pregnancy! Go get it done!! Nothing to worry about! :)

canesmommy responded:
I get waxed religiously (every 4 weeks) and I will tell you that I did feel a bit more the last time, and I had a slight bit of tiny bleeding from where the hairs had been pulled out. I was at 7 weeks at the time. My wax lady is great and very experienced and suggested that I come every 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks to make sure that it hurts less. I have been going ot her for 10 years so she even offered to give me discounts if I couln't afford it so often. She also told me that if it is a boy I will grow more hair due to the testosterone. Then going every three weeks would be ideal... Just make sure not to shave in between cuz the thick hairs coming out will probably bleed easier then the others... Hope this helps!

allyson2233 responded:
If you do not want to wax you could try a men's gotee trimmer to keep things short and neat down below.

Lovin_my_babies responded:
I actually have not been waxed during pregnancy, but I do waxing (well not anymore, but learned all this fun stuff when i used to go to cosmetology school, lol.. and lemme tell ya, its good money if you are willing to do Brazilian waxing. HAHA) anyway, sometimes it will depend on the wax that your person uses. The hard blue wax does seem to hurt more, but if regular wax is used (which is the normal) you can mention to your waxer that you are pregnant, and ask him / her to use the "sensitive skin" wax, it works just as well, but is a little easier on your skin. I have heard that it is a little more painful during pregnancy just due to us being a little bit more 'hyper sensitive' lol.. so if you are worried, ask for the wax for sensitive skin, and do tell your waxer you are pregnant. this is something that some (or a lot) of them [waxer> want to know before hand. But go for it, definitely, do not let pregnancy stop you from getting waxed. i dont normally get my 'area' waxed, if i do, i usually do it myself (talk about OUCH!!) but i love getting all my hairs waxed. haha!!! GL!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.