Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

RLS & Insomina
Marleneboone posted:
Hi, I am new to this group and my first post - it seems like everyone here is quite helpful. I need any advise that ya'll can give me - I am 6 wks 5 days along. The dr. said that I can no longer take mirapex for my RLS, (not what I needed to hear!) There is not another alternative for me until after the 1st trimester so for now I have to suffer - BUT the problem is now I CAN NOT SLEEP. I watch it become every hour at night - which makes be more frustrated. I work part-time so I have to sleep during the days that I am off. I hate being asleep during the weekend days while my DH is home because I feel like we need time together. I have called the dr but they are not very helpful at this stage. I am confused because I thought they "wanted you to rest" during the preg. I am at my witsend and would gladly take any advise that you have to offer. Is anyone else out there not sleeping at night? anyone with RLS? - any advise is much appreciated. Kristy

Joyful2B responded:
My doctor told me it was ok to take 1/2 of a Unisom before I go to bed to help me sleep. I was having a terrible time sleeping with my last pregnancy and that Unisom was a lifesaver for me! You can get it right at the store, you dont need a prescription. It was so miserable b/c I was so exhausted and yet I couldnt sleep! It was a viscious cycle! ha So hopefully you can find something to help you soon! Cuz that is miserable, I feel for you! Hang in there!

MistressofHrts responded:
I'm 11 1/2 weeks and I can't sleep either. I don't have RLS which at times I've thought I did/do but I haven't been a very "hard" sleeper in general but I always wanted to sleep pregnant or not. But ever since I became pregnant this time I don't sleep at all. I told my husband I think I got a solid 2 hours of sleep last night verses my every night of 2 hours of sleep over a 6 hour period. I even bought a body pillow for maternity and it helps me get comfortable but still doesn't really help me sleep at all! And the sadest part is, is that I'm not even showing but a little baby bump.

Marleneboone responded:
Thanks for mentioning the unisom - unfortnately most of the time it doesn't work for me I also purchased a body pillow thinking that I could get comfortable with it - but right now it ends up on the floor!! Any other time I could sleep day, night, whatever the situtation but every since becoming preg. I can't sleep!!!! I hope that this is not a sign of how this preg. is going to be.

Jeweldino responded:
I have been searching and searching for anything related to what I'm going through and I found your post. It is exactly what I am experiencing... Your post is 3 years old.... I'm wondering how you conquered your experience and if you have any advise to give me. I'm exhausted and do not know what to do!!! Any help would be very appreciated!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I found out i was pregnant with my first baby april 13, 2010. I had my first prenatal appointment april 26 and miscarried April 28. My due date had be...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.