Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Deoderant/Makeup... what is safe?
lola_rlb posted:
I read online that there are deoderants and makeup that are bad for baby and can produce birth defects. I can't find which ones are good or bad. I use degree and mostly Clinque makeup. Anyone hear anything on this? Thanks!

211981 responded:
I am still trying to figure out what brands to switch to. Try cosmeticsdatabase.com

Lovin_my_babies responded:
I use degree deodorant and i dont wear make up, but i would think your best bet for makeup would be something natural, like bare minerals?! Also Origins has very good make up as well as Merle Norman, bc they [Merle Norman> has a line of "Water Based" foundations and such! Good luck!

lola_rlb responded:
Thanks Shayne, that is really helpful. I am trying to do everything "right" my first time around. :grin:

MommaMiaa responded:
Lurking... The best advice that I can give you is to try not to stress over every little thing. There are so many things that prego women shouldnt be doing or eating etc. The list goes on and on. And even though I think it is great that you want to do everything right just know that if you slip up its ok:) We all do at one point or another. My doc recommended Dove, unscented for deodorant and mineral makeup. I use mary kays mineral foundation powder. Ive also used bare minerals. Im sure water based makeup would be fine too but your doctor will tell you best. As far as skin care goes I was told to mainly stay away from salycylic acid and benzoyl perozide in my facewash, topical cream etc. Hope this helps!

amandagray responded:
I use clinque and my son was born happy and healthy. I have never heard anything not to use, and they go over what you can't use/eat at the first appt and didn't say anything about makeup or deoderant.

kate310 responded:
To be perfectly honest I think I used almost every brand of deodorant when I was pregnant with my son and he is as healthy as can be. One thing I learned when I was pregnant with Dominic was not to worry about every little thing and to enjoy the alone time I had with him because that time sure does go by really fast!!

lola_rlb responded:
Thanks Mia, I know I should relax and not worry about every little thing, but I want to make sure I do things right the first time around. I will do what I can, and that's all I can do, right? :grin: Thanks for the encouragement!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 31, DH is 37 we have currently have 5 children Arturo 14, Emily 12, Gabriel 9, Elyas 4 and Sophie 1. DH and I have been together for 16 yrs an...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful