Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

My babies will be 13 months apart!
kayhla posted:
Well...I am 10 weeks along with my 2nd pregnancy and have a beautiful 6 month old daughter at home. This was definitely a surprise to my fianc? and I, but nonetheless we are happy to be bringing another new life into the world. Things are going great so far. I know it will be hard with a 13 month old running around and a newborn, but we can do it. Just wondering if anyone out there has 2 so close together, or knows someone who does, and if they have any advice or helpful tips. Thanks.

amandagray responded:
Mine will be 15 months if I make it to my due date...but we are just hoping to get to 36 weeks...so probably 14 months apart (I had pre-e with my son, and it tends to come on earlier in a second pregnancy)

KEM1977 responded:
I have three little brothers 8,7,and 4...the first two are 13 mos apart, and all I can say is, just be ready to go with the flow....Ive watched the two of them before and they are great when they are getting along but a handfull when they aren't...and of youre an anal person about neat and tidyness, when they get older that will need to be loosened up as well....my stepmom was and she has just basically given up...and just accepted the fact that her house wont be hers again for at least another 10 years

Sara6Cats responded:
(Lurking here from TTCJSO)

My sisters and I are very close in age (first one born in March '84, next in April '85 then me in July '86) Life was crazy - I can imagine how my mom did it until we were about 8,9, and 10. I'll be honest, our house was always a disaster, there was a lot of fighting, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Keep in mind that up until we were 6,7, and 8 the three of us shared a room also! However, as we got older, we were able to share everything, clothes, friends, life experiences, etc. And we are all now each others best friends, so all the craziness that will come in the first about 10 years will be very much worth it for your children when they get older! It's also fun now that we're having kids, my sister has 2 DS's ages 2 1/2 and 4 months and my DS is almost 11 months so as they grow up they can all play together too and you'll have a blast as a grandmother someday!

kate310 responded:
My LOs will be 14 months apart!!! This was a surprise too but a true blessing! I know we will have our hands full but we will be able to get through it, just think of how close they will be!!!

Jamelita responded:
My friend's two boys are 13 months apart. She told me it was a rough first year, but after that it was great and she wouldn't change it for anything. They are great friends.

niki20_02 responded:
I am 6 weeks and my other little one will be about 20 months when this one is born. I am not looking forward to the night time feedings (so soon) , but I am so excited... I never had any siblings. I think being close in age will hopefully give them a special bond. Good luck to you!

jaiandkysmommy responded:
when my new little bean is born, i will have 16 month old TWINS! Hahaha- but really, 2 at a time isn't bad. You will adjust just fine

Mommylb responded:
Congratulations! I'm about 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and my son is 5 & 1/2 months old. I'm really excited but also scared. I'm excited that my children will be so close in age but am scared that the next few years are going to be very difficult. Everyone I know has been giving me a hard time about planning a pregnancy so soon after having my son. It's nice to know there are other women having their children so close in age

adalexnaya replied to jaiandkysmommy's response:
I understand 100 percent where youre coming from this is my fourth child, I have a nearly 4 year old DD, and Twin DS 2. the twins are special needs and will be nearly 3 by the time my new little one is born but not quite there mentally they are at about 18 mos mental age right now and getting better in therapy.... I hope everythign turns out ok for me, and hope for no more multiples.

5ylver responded:
DD just turned 9 months. IDK how far along I am yet, my first appointment is next week but I haven't had a period since December so. mine will be close in age as well. I've been told many times it's the best way to have kids lol we'll find out soon enough how that goes lol

Pamela11703 responded:
Its hard at the beginning but so worth it! My oldest just turned 4 and my middle son is turning 3 in April (They are 13 months apart) I also have a 5 month old and just found out I'm pregnant... it's still early and this definately was not planned but appearently my body likes to get pregnant when I am 5 months post partum... lol

Good Luck to you... My 3 and 4 year old are best friends and keep eachother busy it's nice that they have eachother I am sure yours will be the same!!!

Harely responded:
I am expecting # 7 my oldest is 13 my baby and my youngest will be 11 months apart, I know it will not be easy, but it's all worth it. They are all great kids and all fun and different in their own ways. The hardest part will be if my yougest is not walking yet, or maybe it will be better, either way we will manage. Good luck to u!

Harely

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I were married in 2005 and welcomed our first little girl in December 2007, then we welcomed a bouncing baby boy in March 2009... DH finally ag...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.