Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

My mucous plug
heatherpope25 posted:
This is my third pregnancy and I never had any problems with my first two but this time I am. My pregnancy is 9 weeks along and I already have mucous leaking out. It is not bloody but every time I go to urinate and wipe...there is chunky white with a little bit of yellow coloration in it. I didn't have this discharge with my other two pregnancies until a couple of weeks before labor...I hope I will not be having a miscarriage. I have looked up everything about the "show" but I can't find any details about it....I was wet once during the night while I was sleeping, but that was during the first month..and I have taken 3 pregnancy tests since then and I am showing quite a bit already....and I have never seen any blood.....I am trying to get insurance so that I can go to a doctor....but everything is still pending....I don't know who to turn to...could someone that has been in my shoes fill me in on something that I don't know....please help...I am worried.

Lellani responded:
I know this is tough. I had alot of spotting and bleeding but so far it will be 4 weeks without any spotting and I hope to keep that going. Now about the mucus plug that wouldn't be right because thats what comes out when your water breaks and its really thick and white . I don't know what your situation is but could it be "wet" or if you were aroused maybe some discharge of that nature. The whole insurance thing takes so long, I applied for medicaid 3 weeks ago and nothing yet. I have unpaid medical bills related to the pregnancy and I need them paid. Each time I would have a spotting or bleeding episode I would go to the ER. Well Good Luck !!!

heatherpope25 responded:
Actually my water never broke on its own and I always lost my plug a couple of weeks before I went into the hospita to deliver....what I am passing is my plug and it is very thick and sticky and white with a yellow tinge in it......it is almost like a big gob of sticky boogers...sorry to be blunt about it...it looks just like the same thing I always passed before I went into labor with my first two children minus the blood in it. I hope everyhting works out for you and thank you for replying...I have considered going to the ER, but they never seem to know what to do with even my children let alone a pregnant woman with something odd like this going on...I might have to anyways or beg an OBGYN's ofice to take me and then the insurance can reimburse them....Good Luck to you s well!

Lellani responded:
Oh ok, I know about the mucus plug thing because that came out when my water broke with my son. Well it actually started because my husband and I had intercourse and the next morning that came out but it wasn't an ongoing thing it was just all that mucus the 1st time I went to the restroom and my water didn't start coming out till Sunday early morning around 2:30 a.m.. The whole hospital thing I undestand that too. I had to take my daughter twice recently, they told me the 1st time it was an ear infection and gave me antibiotics I had to go back 2 days later and then they said it was strep throat. With my second pregnancy I had a scheduled c-sec. so I didn't have any labor pains or anything happen with labor . Once aagin Good Luck :grin:

atrutty29 responded:
Hi there - well i think it all sounds PERFECTLY normal! i am on my third pregnancy as well, and i kept having lots of discharge as well. sounds like the same kind - somewhat chunky, sometimes clear, other times more yellow-ish. so i thought maybe i had a yeast infection. i went to the dr. and he told me that with each pregnancy, our cervix is not quite as tight as the previous pregnancies, so our bodies make more of that mucous to line the opening of the cervix with; since it is not as tight, often times chunks of it leak out. as long as it is not a TON, and there is no blood or severe cramping - i think it sounds totally fine. just your body protecting the womb :smile: just another joy of pregnancy. HTH!

christie_1980 responded:
imho, people put way too much into the mucus plug! discharge is normal. increased discharge is normal. even having some clotty like discharge (without blood) is normal. you will lose your mucus plug so many times as your pregnancy progresses because it is constantly regenerating. its not a big deal! it does not indicate miscarriage, just as it does not indicate impending labor. its just a thing! sometimes it comes out in bits and pieces and is never noticed. sometimes it comes out in clumps and freaks us mommies out. every pregnancy is different! just because you didn't have this with others, doesn't mean you won't have it with this one. please try to relax! i'm sure everything is great!! hth!!

jodysauer responded:
I would call into planned parenthood or something like and they will see you for like 100 dollars. It will be worth the money, your mind will be at easy after1!!

Jessica22738 responded:
lurking... that doesn't sound like your plug but actually discharge. Could be you have an infection or could be just normal pregnancy discharge. Same thing with "wet" feeling, more discharge. Since you don't have insurance yet, I think there is an over the counter test from Monistat to see if you in fact do have an infection, if it's just a yeast, you can take Monistat 7, if it's more than a yeast (which the test should indicate) you will in fact have to go to the dr's. Vaginal infections aren't normally harmful but during pregnancy they can cause many complications, so it's not something to be taken lightly. I'd try one of those First Response or Immediate Care Clinics. Some of them don't require insurance but will make you pay a fee in advance. Or perhaps check with your local health dept for a free clinic.

Bailey98029 responded:
lurking from 2nd tri. i have to agree with the other posters. i'm sure it's just discharge. i've had a TON of creamy discharge and a couple weeks ago I had really thick stringy discharge about 24 hours after having sex. i know it wasn't "leftovers" because of the time frame but for some reason was just really heavy that day. i wouldn't worry about it at all but i would try to get in to see a doc soon just for general care. even if it's pp like another post suggested. good luck and congrats!!!

Tanya0520 responded:
It might just be the discharge because I had that but it ended up being a bacterial infection. eww. every pregnancy is different just like my doctor keeps telling me. dont worry and maybe try going to a clinic or something and see if you can get free care

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been married over 9 year! We got married right out of High School and had our DD shortly after. We are now expecting our 4th baby but...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.