Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

frequent spitting while pregnant
michelleis33 posted:
Hey my name is michelle. i am 33 and i am about 12 weeks pregnant and i am doing a whole lot of salivating then i am spitting white spit like every 2 mins. all day and its getting on my nerves and i need to know is this normal. this never happened with my first child. this is my second. some one please tell me how to stop this! : :confused: :angry: :sad:

emily8091457 responded:
I'm not really sure how/if you can stop it... but I do think it can be normal because sometimes when you're pregnant one of the symptoms is excess saliva. I've heard of other women complaining of spitting when they talk and even drooling. :sheepish: So... I think it's normal... or can be. But I suppose you could as your doc... maybe there is way to help cut down on it all.

CRod13 responded:
I only have this problem at night I will wake up with my mouth full of saliva and I'm sure as hell not going to swallow it, I have a trash can right next to my bed and I just spit in it.... Atleast twice a night, or I will get up and wash my mouth out with mouthwash... UGH I seem to always have a nasty taste in my mouth, sorry if TMI!! :sheepish:

alb7585 responded:
chewing gum might help. It helped me with my first son. GL

JerseyGirly6 responded:
Wow! i could have written this post. nothing and i mean NOTHING works! i have constant saliva and have to carry a paper cup with me in the car and at my desk at work and i sleep with a trash can right next to my bed too. i've tried gum which gets rid of the taste but only makes the saliva worse....i tried sucking on a lemon and sunflower seeds and even sour candy but it's a lost cause. i just pray to God it ends soon. Also, i'm expecting twins and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I had this saliva symptom with my son, but not this bad! :pbpt:

littlewagon responded:
I feel I have consistently brush my teeth because of the all the extra saliva. I also feel that the saliva makes me more nauseated after eating. URG!!!! :angry:

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chasity and I am married to a wonderful man named James. I have four children and one on the way. Here are their names and dates of birth....More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.