Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

question about hair dye
SAC1234 posted:
Before i found out i was pregnant i had an hair apt. set up with my hair dresser. i was wondering if it is safe to dye your hair when you pregnant. Or is it unsafe to dye your hair in the first trimester?

Melissa0607 responded:
I got my hair highlighted, twice. It didn't take the first time how I wanted it to and I was pregnant. I didnt' know I was preggos though so I am guessing that's why my hair didn't behave. I don't think though you are suppose to dye your hair while pregnant. All OB's have a different opinion on it.

AP2008 responded:
My doctor recommended avoiding it till after I passed 8weeks. Then she said it was probably fine - and highlights are better than a full dye job as the highlighting doesn't get in as close of contact with the scalp. try to be in as well-ventilated a place as possible. GL!

AP2008 responded:
My doctor recommended avoiding it till after I passed 8weeks. Then she said it was probably fine - and highlights are better than a full dye job as the highlighting doesn't get in as close of contact with the scalp. try to be in as well-ventilated a place as possible. GL!

christie_1980 responded:
my doc has no issues with it. i've also heard that highlights are safer than an all-over dye cause then the dye isn't in contact with your scalp. also be warned! the color you want, may not be the color you'll get because of all the extra hormones. weird things can turn out! lol hth!

MrsKristi07 responded:
Hi- If you go to a salon that uses Aveda products, they actually have a line of hair dye that is made with 97% natural plants and non-petroleum based minerals.

SAC1234 responded:
that is awesome because my brother works for aveda!!!!!

MrsKristi07 responded:
Works out then! I did not know about the aveda line until this past weekend, I have dyed my hair blonde for the past 7 years and I am going to go back to my natural brown for the rest of my pregnancy. At this time my roots are BAD and i was going to try to tuff it out but then my sil told me that aveda has that kind of product so i contacted my stylist and she confirmed it. I was so excited, going today to get it done.

SAC1234 responded:
i know i was seriously going to try and tough it out but i am having so much trouble doing so. i guess i will weight for another two weeks till i am 8 weeks then i will ask my brother to bring me some dye home!

randers730 responded:
I have a friend that dyes hair and I asked her the same thing. She said usually they tell you not to during the first trimester and there are dyes that are specifically made for pregnancy. I have to admit, I'm overdue and 8 weeks along and I just can't bring myself to do it. If there is any chance it will hurt the baby, I want nothing to do with it. I will say that if you do, you shouldn't do it yourself at home. Definitely go see a professional. Touching it and breathing it is bad. I would think twice about it. It may suck, but the alternative could be worse.

Spotlight: Member Stories

We've been trying for three years for a third baby after having our first two with no difficulty! We just started seeing an RE recently because ge...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.