Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Really bad water retention!
rhovatter posted:
Good Morning Ladies!

I am a newbie here 5w3d with baby #1!! ) Needless to say I am super excited about the baby, but not very excited about the water I seem to be retaining. I've noticed some bloating which from every thing I've read on here seems normal, but I am noticing a lot of swelling my in ankles already. I don't eat a diet high in sodium, I really try to avoid it, and I drink a TON of water every day @ least 60 oz. Is there anything else I can do aside from drinking the water and avoiding salt to try and decrease the retention? I really appreciate the help! Thank you so much!

I hope you all have a great day!

Becky

Lizard_217 responded:
That seems odd to be having that symptom so early, but who knows. EAch person's body reacts differently to pg. You might call the nurse and see if they have any suggestions for you. Or you could try to google something.

The bloating is totally normal though. One of the joys of being pg!

SarahMcMama responded:
Not sure of the cause for the water retention. Bloating is normal, but swollen ankles this early if unusual. Are you on your feet a lot during the day? I would definitly ask your doctor about that. In the meantime, keep drinking lots of water and avoid high sodium foods, like you have been. I would suggest laying down on a couch and propping your feet up on a pillow (above heart level) for a few times a day. And light exercise, like walking could help. Both are good for circulation. Good luck!

rhovatter responded:
Thank you for the help! I have my OB history appt. on the 30th. I will be sure to ask then. In the mean time I think I can handle a little relaxation! You don't have to tell me twice!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and married the love of my life September of 2010. I was officially diagnosed a few months ago with a prolactin secreting pituitary ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.