Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Announcing on Thanksgiving?
peachyisthelife posted:
Anyone have any cute little ways of announcing our pregnancy to our fam on Thanksgiving? Nothing that invlolves props or anything, just a short, cute little way of telling them. For example my mom suggested something like "Boy, Aunt Sybil, you're going to have buy one more high chair for next year's Thanksgiving dinner" then telling them the news. Something like that. Any ideas?

MrsAJT responded:
I saw your name and I got excited!!! :sillygrin: its MandaPants21. I had my daughter 8/22/08. Excited to see you back!!!! I like your moms idea... Honestly that's what I would do.

jammie311 responded:
I've loved this idea since I heard it. Get your family together for a group photo and instead of telling them to say "cheese!" tell them to say "Cathryn's pregnant!" =) you can take pics of their reactions that way!

jammie311 responded:
Or for a funny thing to do, put your child(ren) into a shirt that says "I'm gonna be a big brother" (or sister if you have a girl) and see how long it takes people to get it,lol.

JENEGIRL responded:
For DH's family we are having DD wear her new "Big Sister" shirt. But for my family, we decided we would wait till my dad asks us when he is "getting his next grandchild". He asks us EVERY time we see him so we thought we would just wait it out. When he asks, we are going to ask him if June is OK w/ him. HAHA! :sillygrin:

lawhitaker responded:
You could always do the old stand by (I know, it has a prop!) and put a bun in the oven, then ask someone to check the oven for you and when they do and realize there's a bun in the cold oven, they'll ask why do you hvae a bun in the oven? LOL I dunno...silly but I've heard of people doing that before.

Cherish2010 responded:
The Pic idea is super cute, and if I didn't already order shirts for my little ones to announce us having a baby I would do that! :sillygrin:

kstategrad07 responded:
What about saying "Lets start a new tradition." And tell everyone to go around the table and say what they are thankful for. Then, when it is your turn say "I'm thankful for our new bundle of joy arriving in July (or something like that)", and see if everyone is paying attention!

JEMS2567 responded:
:smile: I am doing mine the same day except this is our first. It works out that this week is my dad's birthday along with my grandparents. I have bought a new pair of baby shoes and wrapped them up. So what they think will be another birthday gift it is a little more.

pwdmom responded:
I'm actually announcing on Thanksgiving as well but we ordered a shirt that says "only child" with a line through it (crossed out) and underneath it says "Big Sister". We are going to let our daughter wear it and see who "gets it first". We go to my in-laws first then to my family so we have bets going on who in his family and who in my family will be the first to notice. We really liked the idea of doing it with that message because both of our moms are only children and they never thought they would have even one grandchild much less two. (my DH and I started dating in 1988, got married in 1998 and had our first in 2008 so our families thought we were not having kids after that amount of time. We told them that we just wanted to be sure that we were right for eachother :)

laurensmommy110306 responded:
I know you said no props... but I'm a visual person... so all I have are visual ideas... We are telling then too... putting tshirt on the 3 year old that says she's going to be a big sister...

jgm714 responded:
This is our first, and the first grandchild on my side of the family, so I bought all my relatives little trinkets w/ their "new title" - e.g. "world's greatest uncle," etc. Have so much fun on Thanksgiving breaking the news!! I'm so excited for all of us!!

peachyisthelife responded:
Hey hon! Congrats to you, too! You must almost be in 2nd tri, huh? I may do my mom's idea. I like the picture one, too, it just may be hard to guarentee I could get everyone to do a family picture like that. I may have to just wing it!

BamBam85 responded:
Amanda~ Actually that is our tradition. We started that 13 years ago where we go around the table and everyone says what they are grateful for. So that is actually how we are going to announce it! I am planning on saying something like "I'm grateful for July b/c that is when baby number 3 will be here!" or something like that!

kstategrad07 responded:
I think it is an awesome idea! Thats what I would do if my family didn't already know. I am 10w3d today, and we have our 3rd dr. appt today, and I think she is going to do another U/S, because it is a new dr and she wants to see the baby. Anyways, if everything goes good today, I plan to announce to other friends on FB, and I plan to use the "I am thankful for...." I am so excited!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just married! January 2010! So far baby due in Dec.2010! My hubby and i are excited! We are basically over joyed! i am on here to meet new friends and...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.