The dreaded lice
avatar
An_217357 posted:
I was wondering if anyone knows if you are pretty sure you might be pregnant and your child brought home lice and you should treat yourself, should you not use the Rid lice treatment? I can not find on the box or on the computer if it is harmful or not. Please someone help me.
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful
Reply
 
avatar
breezy_83255 responded:
If it doesn't say it on the box then I think you're probably fine. Most things give the "if you're pregnant or breast feeding" warning even when it's not needed, so the fact that they didn't even mention it makes me think it's most likely safe. If you're really not sure call your doctor's office. The nurse can most likely tell you.
Andelynn Grace- 3 yrs, Carys Kimberly- 1 year, 3 EDD Jan 31!
 
avatar
DLOLVT responded:
Thank you. I did call but they haven't called me back yet and you know us moms we can sometimes be a little impatient.
 
avatar
newmommy301978 replied to DLOLVT's response:
agree wait for your doctor i had lice as a kid and the RID is pretty much an insecticide for your hair full of chemicals so plus also when we had it my parents never had to do it just to the kids who had it unless your itching all over your scalp
 
avatar
redmom23 responded:
When we went through lice when I was a kid the RID never did a thing. The problem is that there are strains of lice that have become immune to the poison. Yes, poison. The instruction for use have you wear gloves to apply it to the persons hair. That is a clear indication of it's toxicity.

What does work and works pretty quickly is combing through the hair thouroughly with the lice comb. Do this at least twice a day for a week along with the washing and bagging of clothes, hats, bedding and brushes/combs. It's a pain, but it does work and is not toxic to anyone.
Me(32), DH(32), DD(7), DD(5), DS(3), EDD - 1/1/11