Skip to content
Intro - Super High Risk pPROM at 18.5 weeks
lrachelle80 posted:
Hi. My name is Lara and my water broke Wednesday at 2am. I was 18.5 weeks. I reached 19 weeks today and have so far gone 48 hours without going into labor. There is a 1-2% chance of a positive outcome. Most likely I will go into labor in the next 10 days, and obviously the baby is too little to survive. However, there is that tiny chance that the bag will reseal and the fluids replenish and I won't get any infections. I was in the hospital for two days and was discharged today. Now I'm on strict bedrest until I deliver, whether it's tomorrow or months. If I make it to 24 weeks, I'll be re-admitted to the hospital and on bedrest there. We're hoping against hope that we can do that. Any T&P would be amazing.

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lara,

How are you now? I do hope that you are still at home in bed with your baby still tucked away. Please check in and let us know.

Take care,
Emma

Spotlight: Member Stories

wow! we found out Mothers day i am expecting new LO! EDD is Jan 20, 2011 it chaged from jan 14. I am now 7wks 3 days and we have had issues so far wit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.