Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bright red bleeding for 9 weeks!
ddanielle71 posted:
I am 16 weeks pregnant and was told at week 7 I had a subchorionic hematoma and the placenta hadn't fully attached. The bleeding has continued now for 9 straight weeks and is bright red. I have passed a few blood clots and have recently been told that I have 2 small fibroids as well. I have been put on bed rest and started injecting weekly shots of progesterone. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar experience and if so how long the bleeding lasted. Should I anticipate bleeding for the duration of my pregnancy? The baby is thriving and the heartbeat is strong.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi danielle,

It sounds like you are going through a lot and doing a great job! I'm so glad to hear that the baby is doing well with a strong heartbeat! What does your doctor predict with the bleeding?

Take care and try hard to relax for you and your precious LO. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Best Wishes! Amelia

nefertiti31 responded:
was diagnosed with the samething i did not have any vaginal bleeding just dont have sex sex and stay off your feet for as long as u can my hematoma disappeard i still got my fibroid tho my baby is doing great. as long as there is a heart beat dont stress ur self just stay off ur feet get some help if u have other kids.

Dayija responded:
Wow...I'm 15 weeks pregnant and at 11 weeks I went to the ER because of bleeding. I had a 10cm clot at the time. My OB was very grim about my pregnancy. She has prepared me for the worse but we're all hoping for the best. Last week at my OB they said the clot had gone down to 7cm but they found another one. This is very small, though. My baby is doing well despite all of this and I am hoping for the best still. They haven't put me on bed rest though cause my OB feels that since the clot is so large that it won't make much of a difference. I'm just on pelvic rest and can't left over ten pounds. I'll be praying for you...you sound like you're doing very well!

ddanielle71 replied to Dayija's response:
Hi...thank you fo the reply!
I think I have always associated bleeding with miscarriage so it seems scary. We have to stay positive. And my OB as well was very matter of fact about the situation which I don't know if that is good or bad. In any case I was told I may have a premature labor and/or miscarry and/or hemhorrage while giving birth. Did they tell you the clots will pass or continue to shrink? Are you still bleeding?
Good luck to you...you are in my prayers!

ddanielle71 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much Amelia! Staying positive!

ddanielle71 replied to nefertiti31's response:
How far along are you?

Dayija replied to ddanielle71's response:
No I stopped bleeding a few days after leaving the ER. They're hoping it at least gets smaller.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 years old and just had my first Laprascopic surgery. My OBGYN found 2 uterus 2 cervix I have a Didelphic Uterus. Ive had chronic cramps dur...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful