Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Where to begin??
    Dayija posted:
    This is my second pregnancy (first one went very well) and at about 11 weeks I went into the ER with bleeding. I was told I have a large blood clot and a 50/50 chance of miscarrying. A couple weeks went by and I had another ultrasound. They found a second blood clot, this one is a great deal smaller. So two more weeks have passed and I'm almost 17 weeks now. I was in the ER last now and have now been told that thhe two clots have not changed and...I now have been diagnoised with placenta accreta. I'm not sure what to think and being told that I might have to have a hystorectomy at age 23 is devastating. I'm worried at my next appointment the news will just keep getting worse. I also feel that I should switch my OB doctor. I kind of want someone specialized in high risk pregnancy.
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    (((((hugs)))))) to you, Dayija!!!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your concerns and I truly understand your worries. I suffered from the exact opposite complication during pregnancy with a placenta abruptio, where instead of the placenta being attached too deep into the uterine wall, it was detached.

    I think that if you feel that your OB has not had much experience with your situation in the past, then YES, you should seek a professional that you feel most comfortable with. You and your little one will be monitored and you need to feel relaxed with your physician and be able to take it easy, knowing that you are in good hands. Please keep us posted on any new news and try to take things slow. My heart goes out to you. You and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Best Wishes! Amelia

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I'm 24 years old and just had my first Laprascopic surgery. My OBGYN found 2 uterus 2 cervix I have a Didelphic Uterus. Ive had chronic cramps dur...More

    Helpful Tips

    Want to read "discussions" only?
    Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 23 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.