Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where to begin??
Dayija posted:
This is my second pregnancy (first one went very well) and at about 11 weeks I went into the ER with bleeding. I was told I have a large blood clot and a 50/50 chance of miscarrying. A couple weeks went by and I had another ultrasound. They found a second blood clot, this one is a great deal smaller. So two more weeks have passed and I'm almost 17 weeks now. I was in the ER last now and have now been told that thhe two clots have not changed and...I now have been diagnoised with placenta accreta. I'm not sure what to think and being told that I might have to have a hystorectomy at age 23 is devastating. I'm worried at my next appointment the news will just keep getting worse. I also feel that I should switch my OB doctor. I kind of want someone specialized in high risk pregnancy.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
(((((hugs)))))) to you, Dayija!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your concerns and I truly understand your worries. I suffered from the exact opposite complication during pregnancy with a placenta abruptio, where instead of the placenta being attached too deep into the uterine wall, it was detached.

I think that if you feel that your OB has not had much experience with your situation in the past, then YES, you should seek a professional that you feel most comfortable with. You and your little one will be monitored and you need to feel relaxed with your physician and be able to take it easy, knowing that you are in good hands. Please keep us posted on any new news and try to take things slow. My heart goes out to you. You and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.