Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy & Hydrocephalus
An_217330 posted:
My husband and I are wanting to start a family within the next year or two but because of my health history, I'm concerned about having a high-risk pregnancy.I've had Hydrocephalus (with 2 shunts) since I was 8 weeks old, and just recently been diagnosed with Diabetes & High Blood pressure, both under control with oral medication. Can anyone give any advice or concerns about this? Thanks!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_131802,

Unfortunately, it is hard to find much information on maternal hydrocephalus. I was able to discover a few mothers with success stories through Google, so you may want to try this route for more tips and stories to relate. Also, make sure to speak with your physician. He/she may want to monitor your shunt before pregnancy to get a baseline of measurement in case there are any changes.

You may also want to post your questions in the WebMD Trying to Conceive Community and see if other members or experts may have some insight to this situation. I wish you the best and hope that you keep us posted. Take care!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

wow! we found out Mothers day i am expecting new LO! EDD is Jan 20, 2011 it chaged from jan 14. I am now 7wks 3 days and we have had issues so far wit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful