Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fetal heart rate
lesant777 posted:
So this is my fourth baby and I thought I had heard it all. I went in for monitoring at 34 weeks just for gestational diabetes and they could not find any acceleration in the baby's heart rate. They did an ultrasound and she was moving and her heart rate was in the normal range but they were concerned still that there was no acceleration. They said my high risk doctor would be calling me this afternoon to let me know what I was gonna be diong next but I didnt hear back from him. Does anyone know what that means? Or why they look for that when everything looks great?

crispy_critty responded:
It could mean the baby could be in distress, or could have something wrong with the heart. They're just going to triple check to make sure nothing like that is wrong. I'm sure if the baby is moving around just fine and they were able to find the heartbeat that it should be fine. But it's always good to make sure. Best of luck to you and your LO!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope that everything goes well. It is great that your doctors are being so cautious about your LO, especially with gestational diabetes. I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted and try to stay relaxed for you and your LO. Take care!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys ra...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.