Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
B Negative Blood Type
An_217348 posted:
Someone told me if you have B- blood, and being pregnant, that can cause problems so much so, that the baby has to be taken. This person is only about 2 months along and I am having a very hard time believing this.
Is this true?
Please help...

phoenix31674 responded:
If you have Rh negative blood type, the mother will be given shots to ensure her antibodies don't harm the baby, but I know of no reason why they would have to take the healthy baby early. I'm Rh positive, so it's not something i have experience with, but there are Rh negative mothers out there who can talk to the shots. as far as i know the actual letter type is meaningless unless a transfusion is needed.

gamergirl001 responded:
I am Rh- and have had 4 sucessful births and am pregnant with my 5th. If you get the rhogam injections you will be fine

Wife_Be_Devoted responded:
I am a week short of 2 months along and I am Rh- as well. I am AB- blood type and they just told me that I'll have a shot like my 20th or 28th week of pregnancy. Just discuss it with your OB and don't get real worked up about it. It'll be okie dokie!

kmskmb responded:
yes this is true i was told that on my 11 week visit..the baby hv to be taken at abt 7 mnths

Spotlight: Member Stories

Pamela Egan, NP-C, CDE, MN, ABAAHP is a board-certified nurse practitioner, certified diabetes educator, certified expert in clinical nutrition, anti-...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful