Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
high risk pregnancy
soon2bemum posted:
Hey all.... this is my first pregnancy and I am diabetic type two. I constantly have headaches, why is that? lack of water intake? I am watching what I eat everyday cuz everything has sugar in it. I eat fruit daily but not a lot because thats sugar too. I am so nervos. My levels are up and down sometime, but rarely too low. Anyway gotta go and eat...Any good advice? I have my first OB app tomorrow thank jesus.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Check out the very active diabetes community - there are several experts on hand that can answer your question (You'll need to repost)

Click here to get to that community: http://exchanges.webmd.com/diabetes-exchange

Congrats and stay healthy :)

Haylen

candy352 responded:
Hi!! I am also a Type 2 diabetic. This is my first pregnancy. I know sometimes a headache could be signs of high blood sugar and also low. You would have to check your level to see which one it is. Most of the time for me, I have severe headaches when my sugar drops. I hear that the pregnancy can really make your sugar levels fluctuate, especially during the last trimester. The diabetic forum would also be a good option, if it was more active. I hope you have a great appointment tomorrow!!!! How far along are you?

candy352 replied to candy352's response:
BTW, the forum I was talking about was for pregnant diabetics. Not the one that Haylen recommended.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to candy352's response:
Thanks Candy - great information...

Haylen

soon2bemum replied to candy352's response:
I am almost 3mo now.

candy352 replied to soon2bemum's response:
Oh ok, I will be 2 months this Saturday. I just saw the diabetes educator last Wednesday. Apparently, my blood sugar levels were not as low as she would like, so she admitted me to the hospital. I was there for three days!!!! Now I have to test my sugar at least 4 times per day. Do you keep a log of your blood sugar levels?

snh571 replied to candy352's response:
I have GD and have to check my sugars 4 times a day and I get 4 insulin shots a day. The testing is normal. Sometimes I feel like all I do is moniter my B/S and BP. It's kinda nice that I'm on modified bedrest so I actully have the time to do it.

candy352 replied to snh571's response:
Oh wow, modified bedrest would be so nice right about now. I am soooo tired all of the time. I'm a Type 2 Diabetic, but I only get insulin shots twice a day. I hate needles. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to double the times I have to stick myself.

snh571 replied to candy352's response:
I've been on bed rest for 6 months, it is mentaly & financialy draining. I have another 7 weeks to go till I deliver via c-section. I am more than complicated and have been in and out of drs offices at least everyother week if not every week since I was 8 weeks. Now I am being seen twice a week.

cclingen responded:
I was told my headaches were because my hormone levels were rising.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother nine beautiful angels all vaginal deliveries no complications except what's to be expected. When I was pregnant with my 7 th child I...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.