Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
need help im scared hopeful and worried
cclingen posted:
i am a diabetic and found out i was pregnant my first obgyn appointment (On a tuesday) they said i was 7 weeks and that all they could see was the yolk sac my hormones was running 9,128. then i went back friday and they said my hormones fell to six thousand and somethin they used a vaginal wand said no heartbeat and told me my baby was dead. the next monday i went for a second opinion and they said my baby was 6 weeks that my hormones was six thousand and something and that i needed to go on bed rest and have my pcp do a hormone level again this friday. i am on several medications that i stopped taking when i found out i was pregnant what i want to know is: Is there any way pregnancy hormones can be affected by medicines and which medicines affect it?? I am not cramping i am not bleeding i feel fine.....Nauseated and boobys is sore but thats normal or so im told. can anyone help??

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
What medications did you stop? And did you check with your doctor?

PLEASE do not stop or start any medication without speaking with your doctor. Don't hesitate to ask your health care professional these questions.

And congratulations! What is your due date?

Haylen

cclingen replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My doctor's the one that took me off of them. they r: Lexapro, Celebrex, Soma, Lortab, Lasix, Requip.

Im taking Amaryl, Metformin, Lantus SoloStar Insulin, Equate Brand Zyrtec, Neo-natal Vitamin, tylenol, benedryl, and k-flex for a sinus infection.

can any of them affect my hormone levels??

If the babys fine ill be due sometime in January 2012.

I refuse to go back to the doctor that told me my baby was dead have an appt with another doctor June 27th.

cclingen replied to cclingen's response:
Doctor took me off the Lantus and put me on humalin N and took me off the Amaryl

candy352 replied to cclingen's response:
Good luck at your new doctor. I would not want to go to that same doctor either. I am not sure how medications affect the hormone levels. I was taken off of my Humalog insulin and put on Novolin N and R. Not only that, I had to spend a few days in the hospital because they thought my blood sugar levels were too high. They were only 120-150. Now they are in the levels that they want them to be.

cclingen replied to candy352's response:
I started Miscarring my baby today.

cclingen replied to cclingen's response:
I had a D&C June 2nd and they Thank God put me to sleep for it......

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.