Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Progesterone and pregnancy... side effects?
jtl1984 posted:
This is my 5th pregnancy. I lost the first 3 before 9 weeks and then I had my son in 2008 17 weeks early and he didn't survive. My OB is not waiting and is putting me on a Progesterone cream, used daily, until I am 12-14 weeks along and then I will be moved to a weekly Progesterone injection at 16 weeks. I have been told that the Progesterone is going to make me sick. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use this stuff and what can I expect? Did it work to support your pregnancy??

kladybug45 responded:
I have a similar situation I have had 5 losses before 9 weeks and one last year at 22 weeks. My doctor started me on Progesterone shots at 16 weeks. I have never felt sick after receiving a shot ,however, everyone is different and I have heard some people get a little sick after. The only side effect I have had are some not so pleasant pretty intense mood swings! Overall I do believe that the shots have helped me maintain my pregnancy, I am almost 35 weeks now and very excited. Although, it has been a rollercoaster of a ride, I have been admitted twice to stop labor, and 3 times a week doctor's appts. NST's, weekly ultrasounds,cervical checks, and 5 months of bedrest, it has all been worth it! I hope that helps and I want to let you know that there is hope!

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful