Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Subchorionic hemorrhage or hemorrhage/fluid within the endometrial canal
mmwells1229 posted:
I was in the ER last night due to lower abdominal pain on the right side. The doctor did a pelvic exam to check for anything abnormal (bleeding, open cervix, etc). Everything looked great, I have not had any bleeding just pain. They did an ultra sound, and being 5 weeks exactly, all they saw was the gestational sac (too early to see baby). They also found the source of my pain, a large ovarian cyst (oh goody ) and "a thin hypoechoic area within the endometrium adjacent to the gestational sac, which may represent a subchorionic hemorrhage or hemorrhage/fluid within the endometrial canal. The doctor was very nice, but was not an OB and advised me to see my OB next week as soon as possible. Now after reading about this condition, there are so many questions I wished I had asked, mostly the size and location of the area in question. I guess I am looking for advice and reassurance from anyone who might have been in this situation. Like I said, I have been very active (running almost daily and chasing my two year old daughter) and had no bleeding so far. Monday can't get here fast enough. Thank you all

ardavis2009 responded:
Hi,

I am currently 9 weeks and at 5 weeks at my regular ob they found a large cyst also. At 8 weeks when got to see our little gummie bear they found a a small subchorionic hemmorrhage. The tech told me it was common and not worry. Ya right I'm still worried/ freaked out about. Even after my high risk doctors didn't seemed to concerned about it all. there don't doing another scan till 20 weeks.The tech also told me that because there machines are improving that there seeing this more and more. Which why at the University of Iowa hospital and clinics in Iowa City there are finally doing a study. They just said relax and take it easy and no lifting over 10 pounds. I guess we all have to play the waiting game which is no fun. Good Luck & remember when your stress and feel down that you have the sweet little 2year old.

mmwells1229 replied to ardavis2009's response:
Thank you so much for the positive post I know what you mean about worrying, I read how common they are but I was still a nervous wreck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother nine beautiful angels all vaginal deliveries no complications except what's to be expected. When I was pregnant with my 7 th child I...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful