Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy after a LEEP and Diabetes
Anon_231078 posted:
I just found out I am 7 weeks along and it has only been 8 weeks since I had the LEEP procedure done. I have been having spotting for the last week and a half and I am concerned that there may be more difficulties with this pregnancy than expected. This was not a planned pregnancy either. I am scared to death as this is also my first Pregnancy. Would anyone have any ideas or advice that I could take into count?

Thank you.

candy352 responded:
I understand how you feel. I'm diabetic and this is my first pregnancy also. I would suggest talking to your dr about the spotting. Is it heavy? Is it bright red? The procedure may be the cause of the spotting.

mcbentley replied to candy352's response:
Its extremely light spotting and irregular. I know most people say that that's common for many pregnancies early in the first trimester. My doctor has been sending me for blood draws for the last week. He keeps checking my levels.... all of them, every 2 days, but hasn't really had much to say yet.

candy352 replied to mcbentley's response:
If he hasn't had much to say, I don't think there is anything too serious going on. I know it's hard to stress about the pregnancy, but we have to try not to. I was super nervous in the first trimester, I'm able to breathe a little easier now. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a happy and healthy one!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been moderating message boards at WebMD for 7 years now. Working within all area's of WebMD. I am the mother of 5 children. 4 boys ra...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.