Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Death due to Rupture
Anon_231673 posted:
My wife and daughter died at first delevery due to internal rupture, the doctors checked whole through nine months of pregnancy and confirmed baby and mother both absolutely normal. one hour before delevery the Doctors checked through utrasound and confirmed baby death but could not see the reason of death.
three hours after the delevery the health of my wife became very serious and then doctors suggested the operation and after the operation they replied that there was a big rupture due to which she died.
My question is that isn't it possible to trace rupture at the death of child or could it happen during delevery, I have heard it does not happend in first delevery so had it been happend due to wrong inducement?

Anon_1675 responded:
When you say internal rupture, is that the same thing as a uterine rupture? Usually uterine rupture happens during delivery, and I know the chances of uterine rupture go up when you are induced with the drug Pitocin. Hope that helps, very sorry to hear about your losses.

Spotlight: Member Stories

wow! we found out Mothers day i am expecting new LO! EDD is Jan 20, 2011 it chaged from jan 14. I am now 7wks 3 days and we have had issues so far wit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.