Skip to content
Multiple High Risks - Feeling HELPLESS
Anon_233784 posted:
Just found out I'm 5 wks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and I'm in a bit of shock. We weren't trying, no hormones, I've been told I could not to get pregnant. Several issues place me at high risk:

Factor V Leiden
40 Years Old
Asthma
Heart Shaped Uterus

Do I even have a chance of having a healthy pregnancy? Everything I read scares the crap out of me and I'm thinking I don't have a chance. Am I the only one on earth with this many issues?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
First things first - step away from the internet! Not this site, of course...googling even if you are 100% healthy can drive you batty!!!

And, no, you're not the only one on earth - it probalby just seems like it. (I was 40 when I had my baby - wasn't considered high risk becasue of my age -- so cross that off your list!!!)

Have you found a high risk pregnancy doctor? Do some non-scary research and find the best one possible who has experience with your conditions.

Information is power! Make sure you write down any questions you might have. Please check back in and take a deep breath!! Let me know if you found a good doctor!

Haylen

p.s. here is a conversation from 2 years ago - other moms with heart shaped uterus

HelpaChica replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Your advice seems to fall in line with everyone elses! I have made an appointment with HRD for next week. And I've stayed off the internet. A friend put it this way... thinking the negative isn't doing any favors for my body. I know that to be true... "you are what you think" :)

I'm taking 40 OFF the list... 40 is the new 30 right?

Thanks for your feedback!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to HelpaChica's response:
It is!

You sound so much better - please ck back in and let us know how your apt with the HRD went.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My first pregnancy was complicated; pregnancy, labor and delivery were so devastating that I was diagosed with post tramatic stress syndrome. My husba...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.