Skip to content
Polyhydramnios anyone?
1WaterLily posted:
I'm in week 37, and I may have polyhydramnios - aka more amnionic fluid than normal. Anyone have any experience with this? I am not diabetic, or carrying multiples, and the early tests I took for Downs made it seem very unlikely that baby has it- anyone ever just have it for no reason at all, and have a perfectly healthy baby in the end?

candy352 responded:
I haven't gone through this, but I wanted to comment because I have the exact opposite happening to me. I'll be 18 weeks on Friday and I just had an ultrasound this past Friday. I was told that my amniotic fluid was low. The tech could not give me a reason as to why the fluid would be low. I hope that you have a healthy pregnancy and that your situation doesn't cause any problems with your LO. Good luck!

mannsdeb responded:
I was told i have the same problem and also my son has more fluid on his right kidney, am really worried but prayerful. so stay positive and with the Grace of God everything will be fine.. I was not given any reason either . I do not diabetes or carrying multiples so am thinking its because of the issue with his right kidney..

1WaterLily replied to mannsdeb's response:
Usually babies balance the levels out by ingesting the fluid - unless something's up -like a kidney problem- or any number of other things that are pretty remote. It's just frustrating when everything isn't perfect and worry free. I can't wait to get this baby out in the open, where I can be sure that s/he is safe-!!

Good luck with you & your LO, and I hope everything is a perfect as it should be.

bornhealthy responded:
My daughter's are now 5 and almost 3. I had polyhydramnios with both of my pregancy's. With my oldest daughter they were very concerned and put me on bedrest for 7 weeks. I measured 7 weeks ahead. I ended up with a blood clot in my leg from the bedrest. I am happy to report that both of my daughter's were born very healthy. It appears that my body produces too much fluid for no reason. Best of Luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

wow! we found out Mothers day i am expecting new LO! EDD is Jan 20, 2011 it chaged from jan 14. I am now 7wks 3 days and we have had issues so far wit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.