Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rh- pregnancy
Anon_236762 posted:
I am Rh negative and 1 month pregnant. I had an abortion using medical pills last year to terminate my 2nd child as we are not yet ready for a 2nd baby. I had heavy bleeding for a day and drank anti-hemorrhaging tablet. I continued bleeding for 2weeks with large blood clots. I did not receive a Rhogam shot after coz I did not tell my OB gyne about our decision because it is illegal in our country. And now I am pregnant, my husband's father who is also a doctor, suggested to terminate our baby as it will be dangerous for mine and our baby's health to continue with my pregnancy because of the Rh diseases such as hemolytic disorder or anemia, but told us to consult my OB gyne first. I am also underweight. I know my OB won't agree on this. My worries now is that is it safe to undergo another medical abortion? What will be the risks? Please help.

ksmanning responded:
You can have a healthy pregnancy without rh negative shot! It can cause miscarriage not to have one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter whom I had a month premature due to a partial placental abruption. I thank my lucky stars everyday for o...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful