Skip to content
preeclampsia
KristensMommy posted:
I need some advice, When I had my first child in 2010 I had to deliver her two months early by c section. I had preeclampsia which cause my placenta to rupture and so the doctor had to take her. I am now 6 weeks pregnant and I want to know if I am going to have to worry about having preeclampsia and placenta previa again? Does anyone know what my chances of this happening again are, or if I need to be worrying? I feel so stressed out because I feel as though history is going to repeat itself. I know they say that every pregnancy is different but my last was not exactly the picture of happiness. Basically I want to know if I will get preeclamsia again and wether or not im in line for another NICU baby? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you

htma4494 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri: Hi Kristens, Im not sure about placenta previa, but I know that it is very common to have preclampsia in subsequent pregnancies if you;ve had it in a previous pregnancy..But you will be considered high risk and your doc will monitor you very closely, which may help you not develop it...But it is best to talk to your OB about it and dicuss the pros and cons..

tchance55 responded:
I would not stress about preeclampsia again. I had developed preeclampsia at 35 weeks and my baby was born days later healthy with no problems. With my second son I went full term and he was born healthy and I had no complications during my entire pregnancy. I am now 34 weeks with my third child and have not had any complications this time either. My doctors never even considered my high-risk. I would just watch for any signs because there is always a possibility but don't let it stress you out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 18 years old and an expectant mother i know nothing of the nothingness.i was told during my second month of my pregnancy that i had what was know a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.