Skip to content
Preeclampsia
Aerosmithfan33 posted:
I developed preeclampsia and had to deliver my twins at 32 weeks. I am a type one diabetic and had excellent control of my bloodsugars during my pregnancy. I am considering having another baby. I'm wondering what the risk factors of getting preeclampsia again. I also wonder if being pregnant with twins put me at higher risk and maybe if i am pregnant with a singleton maybe my risk wouldn't be as high?

tchance55 responded:
I am not sure of the likelihood of having preeclampsia again, but I had preeclampsia with my first son and he was born on his own at 35 weeks with no problems. I had another son 2 years later and he was born at 39 weeks and I never showed signs of preeclampsia. I am now 35 weeks with my final baby and still no signs of preeclampsia.

MrsTang replied to tchance55's response:
Please visit www.preeclampsia.org for a boatload of info. I too am a survivor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have Type 2 Diabetes and pregnant with my first child. My fiancee and I are too excited. He thought that he couldn't have kids and then this mir...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.