Skip to content
Preeclampsia
Aerosmithfan33 posted:
I developed preeclampsia and had to deliver my twins at 32 weeks. I am a type one diabetic and had excellent control of my bloodsugars during my pregnancy. I am considering having another baby. I'm wondering what the risk factors of getting preeclampsia again. I also wonder if being pregnant with twins put me at higher risk and maybe if i am pregnant with a singleton maybe my risk wouldn't be as high?

tchance55 responded:
I am not sure of the likelihood of having preeclampsia again, but I had preeclampsia with my first son and he was born on his own at 35 weeks with no problems. I had another son 2 years later and he was born at 39 weeks and I never showed signs of preeclampsia. I am now 35 weeks with my final baby and still no signs of preeclampsia.

MrsTang replied to tchance55's response:
Please visit www.preeclampsia.org for a boatload of info. I too am a survivor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am almost 25 years old and i have a 4 year old daughter and a daughter who was born on march 9th at 31 weeks, she was born sleeping.. i was diagnose...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful